Summer Student Job Description: Fundraising & Events Assistant
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lloydminster was founded in 1994. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lloydminster is a non-profit mentoring organization.
Mission statement: Our organization is committed to being leaders in our community for providing the highest quality, volunteer-based mentoring programs to our community’s young people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the agency and the Executive Director in the coordination, facilitation and evaluations of special events and campaigns while maximizing fundraising opportunities. The event and campaigns may include, barbecues, pancake breakfast, recruitment of volunteers and brochure distribution. The student will gain career related experience and skills in the areas of business, communication, administration and fundraising. The Executive Director will supervise the students work and will provide mentorship. This position is a great opportunity for the student to experience and develop a wide range of skills.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the delivery of events and campaigns
- Coordinate & Supervise Volunteers
- Responsible for data input
- Financial reconciliation and deposits
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible work schedule required
Skill Set & Experience
- Outgoing personality with the ability to work independently and part of a team
- Good judgement and strong decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proficient in math
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Must have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic Year
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- Access to a reliable vehicle
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The position is subject to funding and eligibility guidelines.
Rate of pay: $15.25/hour
Anticipated start date: May 14th, 2018
Duration: 15 weeks at 40 hours per week
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Brenda Robinson Executive Director email@example.com by March 31, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.